Discussion rooms are for students / staff for academic purposes only. General library rules also apply to the use of the QUIET Discussion Room.
The booking steps are as below:
- Proceed to the library counter on the day that you want to use.
- Check the availability of room from the staff on duty.
- Confirm the booking.
- Pass the student/staff ID to the staff on duty before entering the room.
- Collect the ID after leaving the room.
Condition to use:
- The minimum number of users are 3 users and maximum up to 8 users. While, the minimum hours of usage is 1 hour and maximum hours of usage of each discussion room is 4 hours. Extend the usage of the discussion rooms are allowed subject to availability.
- All personal belongings may not be left unattended in the discussion room.
- The discussion room should not be used for private study or social purposes.
- No foods or drinks are allowed in the discussion rooms.
- Only use the chairs and table provided in the room, do not bring in furniture from other areas of the Library
- Discussion room users must ensure the discussion room is neat and tidy before leaving. Arranging the furniture, and returning all library materials to the counter.
- Failure to comply with the library policies, rules and regulations will be grounded for suspension of Discussion Room privileges.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate use of Discussion Rooms that disrupts Library users or staff or that interferes with normal Library operations.
*Your booking will be cancelled if you arrived later than 10 minutes and the room will be released for others to use.